Customs and Passports


Are your papers in order?

That’s one question that doesn’t have to intimidate international travelers – as long as they are prepared.


For U.S. Customs information on importation and exportation, visit the U.S. Customs and Border Protection Web site.

Carnet de Passages en Douane (CPD)

The CPD is an international customs document which covers the temporary admission of motor vehicles (private and commercial road motor vehicles) in countries where required.

  • Get a Carnet: Boomerang Carnets provides this as a service to AAA members and nonmembers.
Camping Carnet

For a U.S. passport information or an application form, contact your local AAA club or visit the U.S. Department of State Web site.

The AAA Guide to Trouble Free Travel

Taking Care of Yourself and Your Stuff When You're Taking a Trip Download »