AAA is a not-for-profit organization of motor clubs serving more than 59 million members in the United States and Canada.
AAA provides benefits to members traveling in 130 countries on six continents through affiliations with other motoring clubs around the world. AAA is a fully tax-paying organization. We exist for our members and judge everything we do by how well it serves their needs.
- AAA does not have a national political action committee (PAC).
- AAA does not make financial contributions to political candidates.
- AAA does not work on behalf of any political party or candidate.
Contact your local AAA club for more information.
- Highway and air traffic system infrastructure
- Automobile and truck safety initiatives
- Fair travel taxes and recreation fees
- Improving highway safety (roadway, vehicle and driver)
AAA is the largest leisure travel organization in North America. Today, 25 percent of all U.S. households have a AAA membership. More than 28 percent of all North American passenger vehicles belong to AAA members.
Each year AAA clubs:
- Provide member discounts and benefits through AAA Discounts & RewardsSM at more than 100,000 hotels, attractions, restaurants and retail locations in the United States.
- Produces 160 million copies of travel-related materials.
- Distribute nearly 16 million TripTik® map routings.
- Book 2 million car rentals.
- Sell nearly $4 billion in travel agency services.
Together with CAA, AAA clubs annually:
- Dispatch emergency road service to more than 30 million stranded motorists.
- Respond to more than 7 million battery-related service calls, many of which result in battery replacement.
- Assist members with vehicle repair through more than 7,000 AAA-approved service facilities.
In addition to agreements with leading cruise, tour and air preferred travel partners; AAA has strategic alliances with Disney and with The Hertz Corporation.
The Hertz alliance provides AAA members discounts on rental cars and vehicle purchases from Hertz retail car locations.
The AAA Disney alliance provides members with special benefits. AAA Vacations®, operated by the Walt Disney Travel Co., offers members exclusive discounts on travel packages to Walt Disney World and Disneyland.
The AAA Diamond Rating Process, North America’s premier hospitality rating system, guides members in their lodging and dining selections.
AAA maintains a proprietary travel information database that covers the United States, Canada, Mexico and the Caribbean. This database includes detailed listings on:
- Nearly 59,000 Inspected & Approved and Diamond Rated lodgings and restaurants
- 16,000 attractions
- 11,000 campgrounds
- 18,000 events
- 7,000 destinations.
This travel data is the basis of AAA print and online travel planning resources such as:
- TourBook® and Campbook® guides
- TripTik® routings
- Internet TripTik®
- AAAmaps.com online mapping tools.